- Blog •
Cleaning toilet for beginners
Cleaning the toilet is just a dirty job that no one likes to do. Nevertheless, you will regularly have to walk to the toilet with a cloth to keep things clean and fresh. By cleaning the toilet regularly you make the job a lot easier and less bad. That's why some tips from me for a quick toilet in an instant!
Step-by-step plan for a clean toilet
1. Start by flushing the toilet so that any residue is flushed away.
2. Then apply a cleaning agent of your choice, preferably as close as possible to the edge and not in the middle of the pot. This will prevent the product from diluting too much. Don't forget to spray well under the rim as well.
3. While you let the cleaning agent soak in, you can already start on the outside. Work from top to bottom to avoid splashes. Wipe the floor around the pot immediately. The flush button or lever needs extra attention, because you will of course be touching it a lot with your hands.
4. The seat is of course also very important. Spray the underside of the seat with cleaning solution, as well as the top and the hinges at the back. Then wipe the entire seat with a cloth and clean water to remove any detergent residue.
5. Time for the inside of the pot. Scrub from top to bottom with a good toilet brush. Pay extra attention to the edge and underneath, as a lot of dirt collects there. Then clean the pot itself and finally the drain hole.
6. Then flush the toilet well with the valve down, so that no detergent splashes out.
7. Do you suffer from rust stains or scale? These are easy to remove with baking soda or a special cleaner. Do not use these products until after you have rinsed them thoroughly, because the chemicals in these products can react with each other.